Cafelat Robot Manual Espresso Maker
The Cafelat Barista Robot is a small and high-quality manual coffee maker that makes real espresso. It is made of premium materials like stainless steel and is completely plastic free. All you need is ground coffee, hot water from a kettle and you are all set. The whole process is simple and takes just a few minutes.
- 58mm filter baskets: the same size as professional semi-automatic machines. The Robot comes with high a quality basket made by the same factory that makes all the best baskets in the world.
- Stainless Steel Tamper 1 piece stainless steel tamper designed and machined to precisely fit the basket with tapered side walls to prevent ground being sucked back when you lift the tamper.
- Pressure gauge A patent pending system takes the pressure reading from inside the basket. Combined with the manual pressing of the lever arms, it enables you to manipulate pre-infusion, flow and pressure in real-time to get the best from your coffee.
- Extraction pressure Ignore the magic 9 bar. Traditional lever machines (as measured by Cafelat) typically extract at 6-7 bars, and since the basket and piston on the Robot are the same size, we suggest you initially aim for 6-7 bars as well and adjust as preferred.
- Temperature management The Robot is clearly not going to give you a La Marzocco type flat temperature profile. But water off the boil poured into a gently pre-heated basket will yield approximately 95C water, and will give you up to 88C coffee output from the basket.
- Extraction ratios Certainly a 2:1 ratio of beverage mass to ground coffee is possible i.e. a 16g coffee dose can easily yield a 32g beverage weight. You can increase the beverage weight up to 40-45g if needed.
- Bottomless is best For best results we recommend using the portafilter without the spouts - but when using the pressurized basket it is best to use with the spouts to avoid splatters.
- It's a lever machine Lever machines can be very forgiving thanks to their gentle pre-infusion and the soft ramp up to full pressure.