Profitec Pro 400 Espresso Machine
The Profitec Pro 400 is a heat exchanger, semi-automatic espresso machine with an E61 brew group that is packed with features in a compact footprint. A convenience switch underneath the machine allows three preset temperatures to be easily chosen and to activate or deactivate the pre-infusion and the ECO mode. The included different colored valve disclets allow you to change the look of the machine in no time.
The Profitec Pro 400 is engineered and built in Germany; resulting in a very well built and reliable espresso machine.
- E61 Group Head: The E61 brew head design has been around for over 50 years and is used in the majority of the high end home espresso machines. It is known its reliability and temperature stability due to heavy brass head combined with a thermosyphon system keeping the group head hot.
- 1.6L Stainless Steel Boiler: The PRO 400 features an insulated stainless steel boiler with a heat exchanger (HX) allowing for espresso and milk steaming simultaneously.
- PID Temperature Control: The PID (Proportional Integral Derivative) controller allows the user to precisely adjust the steam boiler temperature and improves temperature stability. The Pro 400 features a simplified PID that allows the user to choose between three temperature settings.
- Pressure Gauges: The dual Pro 400 pressure gauge allow you to control both the pressure of the steam boiler and the pressure during coffee extraction. They are a great feedback tool which let you better understand your machine and improve your espresso making skills.
- Rotary Valves: These are low-wear and easy to handle, thanks to spring-loaded technology. The unique Pro 400 knobs allow the user to change the look of the machine by easily swapping the included disclets (4 colors).
- Water Sensor: Level control cuts the power circuit if water is low, with a microprocessor that automatically controls the level of the water tank and boiler. A low water level warning will tell you when you need to refill.
- Externally adjustable OPV: Brew at the pressure you want thanks to an externally adjustable over pressure valve (OPV).
- Beautiful Finish: The body, water tray and feet are made of stainless steel with no sharp edges and built for a long lasting and easy to clean finish.
- Professional tamper: Comes standard with a stainless steel tamper instead of the cheap and flimsy plastic tamper typically included with espresso machines,
|Boiler Type||Heat exchanger|
|Boiler Material||Stainless Steel|
|3 Way Solenoid||Yes|
|Water Supply||2.8L water tank|
|Included baskets||Single, double, blind|
|Included accessories||Professional tamper, single and double portafilter, cleaning brush|
|Manufacturer Warranty||2 years|