Pullman Big Step Flat Base 58.55mm
The Big Step tamper base was a result of the desire for a base with the highest possible tolerance in size for VST baskets. It's called the Big Step because the design of the larger diameter "stepped edge" measures at 58.55mm (-0.02). What this does is to enable a maximum surface area of extraction, including the very edge of coffee grind that sometimes can be pinched when using such a large (or incorrectly) sized base; all of that without suction.
The sharpened bottom of the Big Step allows for perfect coverage of the inside of the VST baskets, which also prohibits air pockets at the very bottom of the baskets once the coffee is packed in. There is also less room for error by the barista as the base will not go into the basket unless a perfect level tamp is applied.
- Ergonomically shaped handle and perfect weight balance
- Adjustable height via included spacers (up to 15mm)
- Stepped base reduces suction
- Match with a large selection of handles to suit your style
- Silicone insert is warm to the touch, improves comfort and reduces barista fatigue
- Precisely machined 58.55mm diameter
- Made of super hardened (minimum 40 Rockwell standard) 630 grade stainless steel
- Made in Australia